Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your site:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Internet site is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and determine what the web page is about, what sort of products that sells, or perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
— The poor usage of popup windows, splashy marketing, splash pages (pages with neat animations and sound yet which you have to look at for five to twelve seconds before you are taken to the actual Web site), and other Webdesign features that draw curiosity away from your Web site, items, and/ or services.
— Poor Website navigation. For instance broken links, hidden selection, poor wording and terminology of navigational links, backlinks that have you to web pages with no links, links that take you to the same Web page, and web pages with no backlinks back to the household page (always include a backlink to the homepage so that no matter where site visitors are, they can locate their way back home! ).
– Believing that mainly because you have a Web site, you have an advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is not the marketing strategy. Your Web site is really a part of your general marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , should you have a successful restaurant but need to advertise and promote your business on the Web. Building a Web site is excellent, but if it isn’t promoted africannewdream.com and advertised, no-one will ever still find it. By passing out business cards using your Web site WEB ADDRESS embossed with them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to promote the Web site. When you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon code from your Internet site, you are successfully employing your Web site in your marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased cafe sales.
– Failure to attain Web site significance and articles updating. You can find nothing more dissatisfying into a Web customer than browsing a Web site that is grossly outdated. Incorrect costs, products not anymore available, went out with content, and ancient promoting all indicate to the Web page visitor that your loyalty to your Web-site is enduring greatly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material is going to detract the visitor from having the point of your Web site (the five-second control mentioned earlier).
– Steer clear of too many text message effects. Forget flashing text, reversing text message, gymnastics text message, or different eye-popping and dizzying effects, which bum more than irritate your site visitor. Don’t produce a “loud” Internet site that contain numerous blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning device, text, or graphics that visitors will be overwhelmed by effects and under-whelmed by site content.
– Limit the number of graphics in your Web site so that you will don’t whelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. inches Don’t use cartoon GIF photos on your Internet site. These were fascinating ten years in the past, but in present professional environment, they are yet another “loud, inch annoying thoughts that website visitors don’t want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s designs (built-in design templates) when making a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. When FrontPage draws on a regular basis, we stand by the fact it can be used to design and style great Internet sites.
– Can not incorporate supports into Site design. The utilization of frames in a Web site is going to drive buyers away more quickly than anything!
– PERFORM incorporate the correct Web site design and style elements to ensure your Internet site is ready to be seen by search engines like yahoo.